Publisher: Bachudo Science Co. Ltd

Drying Characteristcis of Water-Based Alumina Suspension For Tape Casting

Y. T. Puyate
KEYWORDS: Drying; Alumina; Suspension; Tape casting; Diffusion: Solids

ABSTRACT:

Ceramic suspensions for tape casting exhibit a two-stage drying behaviour, where the first stage called the constant-rate period. is followed by a second stage called the falling-rate penod. An analysis based on diffusion equation 1s presented for the drying characteristics of water-based alumina suspension for tape casting. Both the constant-rate period and the falling-rate period are modelled using a constant diffusion coefficient The constant-t.1te period is long and accounts for about 90% of the moisture lost from the suspension, while the remaining 10% is lost in a short falling-rate period. Predicted length of the constant-rate period, critical moisture content. total drying time. and drying-rate profile of the alumina suspension are compared with experimental data and good agreement is obtained.


Download
View Online
138
views
0
downloads
Discipline
Publication Year
Place Of Publication
Contributors